me first.... yipee....
closely followed by the smallest one.... and then, without a breath drawn, the man of the house.....
it's great fun.....
lots of excuses to eat cake and buy gifts, lots of party lunches and movie nights to enjoy and lots of renditions of 'Happy Birthday to you' are heard from our home....
I was presented with this marvellous cake:
as requested, a Bruce Bogtrotters cake from Roald Dahls Revolting Recipes. Brian and Evie were the chefs for this one and the story of the cake is explained here so I won't go through it all again..... save to say, this may not look much - but in the taste stakes it is a winner!! (let me just clarify that it wasn't presented to me with a big slice missing..... that was a little taster the children and I had for afternoon tea before Brian got home from work....... yum)
Don't you think I look good for my age too?
I was the excited recipient of a SHINY new iPod touch.... which I have played with pretty much constantly since it was unwrapped.... it's a lot of fun I have to tell you! I also received a lovely handmade necklace from my precious daughter and some cinnamon scrolls (handmade) from Isaac......
OK, when I have recovered from eating so much of the above cake I will rouse myself and get on with preparations for the next day of excitement.....
No comments:
Post a Comment