and so it was, that as soon as isaac's birthday was over
we 'got back to it'.....
the kids find this a challenge sometimes
after an eight week summer break
but we ease ourselves in with shorter times
'at the table' and the adjustment doesn't seem
so bad after all......
i even found this 3D jigsaw in an op shop*, something which isaac
had been hankering after for quite some time
{the 3D jigsaw that is, not the op shop.....
just wanted to make myself clear.......}
so he was able to complete a whole week's worth of geography
just by putting together a jigsaw..... smashing.....
{* you'll be glad to know that all the pieces were there, I just
took the photo before he had actually finished putting it together......}
here's evie, giving me her best, 'I really don't mind sitting here doing this
maths work when I could be outside playing in the sunshine' smile.....
and let me tell you, this little chap, along with his scrummy brother,
have been distracting the children tremendously when they should be
'getting on', but then who can blame them, they are rather
squeeze worthy....
a few weeks into our term and it was time for the students
of Bristol University to arrive back for their new term, so the kids and I
took a jaunt up to Bristol to help out at our annual church
'let's feed the 5,000' burger event.....
during freshers week the church give away 1,000 burger every day to
students who have arrived in Bristol to study......
it's great to be able to meet so many interesting people from all
over the world and be a friendly face for them when perhaps they
don't know anyone......
i knabbed the best jobs for my two......
evie was on candy floss duty.......
which included quite a lots of 'quality control'
taste testing......
and isaac was on ice cream machine duty......
which seemed to include quite a bit of 'quality control'
taste testing too......
I, as their mother, also felt it my duty to make sure that the
quality of the food being consumed was 'up to scratch'......
it was......
the new foyer at church was packed out for the
entire 2 hour lunch period every day and so was the inside of the building.....
both the kids loved helping out during the week
and I don't think it was just because it meant they didn't have
to do any 'school work' at home and
eat ice cream and candy floss in abundance.....
but then again, maybe it was......
1 comment:
Bristol Uni has never struck me as a place over-populated by the starving poor but few would say no to a burger I suppose. Happy New Year and I look forward to hearing all your tales in 2013.
Post a Comment