Tuesday, 23 September 2008

We're Here!

We've arrived! What a long journey..... but then again it is a long way from the UK! The house is BIG (certainly compared to our little 3 bed, end of terrace in Bristol) and I will be able to have playroom all to myself.... joy!

Evie has made friends already with a little girl living next door who is just a few months younger than her. Isaac keeps saying, 'I can't believe we are actually living in Australia' and was most amused when a man at the airport in Sydney said "g'day" to him..... oh the simple things.....

We have unpacked our bags and now wait with anticipation for our container to arrive so that we can furnish the house with some familiar things (not to mention my espresso machine and some other kitchen gadgets!)

We have been out to eat at the homes of colleagues of Brian's most nights in the past week so I have had very little cooking to do which has been heavenly..... long may it continue! The weather is mostly lovely though can be quite chilly (it is still early spring after all) but the day after our arrival it was cold and drizzly which made me smile as it reminded me so much of England and how much I moaned at the weather there!

The kids are loving having a swimming pool just out the back gate in the school grounds and have been making really good use of that. There is also a play park (for the junior school students) and basketball hoops, so Isaac has been practicing his shooting quite a bit. The children are all still on school holidays this week so I am sure come next week things will become much busier outside our back gate and probably a bit noisier too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey good to know you've landed safely.....watch out for flamin' gallahs and echidnas......and love to everyone!
love
Trenna

endings and beginnings......