Wednesday, 11 February 2009

Bush Fires


It's been a sad week this week with the newpaper and TV news full of reports about the bush fires here in Victoria. So many people have been affected, losing loved ones, homes and communities. We have been taking toys and clothing into school where they are being taken and distributed to the communities worst affected by this disaster. We are safe here in Ballarat but fires are still burning and people in other areas are still on high alert so please keep praying that the fires will be contained and put out by the fantastic efforts of the firefighters and emergency personnel. Although we are not directly affected, there are students in the boarding houses here whose families have been touched by this disaster... I know of one student whose family home has been destroyed..... as I said, it's a sad week.

2 comments:

Hallmum said...

I am so pleased you are safe but so sorry for others who are not. Am praying
love
jen x x

Anonymous said...

Glad you're alright! We were a bit worried when we heard "Victoria" mentioned but I'm relieved you're not surrounded by a pile of matchwood!

Lots of love to you all
Wiggy
xx

endings and beginnings......