I was not disappointed..... Isaac was overcome when he saw it and that was enough for me! He spent AGES typing away, learning what all the buttons would make the carriage do and working out how to make an exclamation mark! He wrote four letters to family this evening so my little investment will be bringing joy to many over the coming weeks. Who knows, maybe he will write a masterpiece on it......
Thursday, 23 April 2009
Click, clack....
For a while now Isaac has been asking me to look out for an old manual typewriter (the sort I learned to type on at school SO many years ago now). I'm not sure why he was so keen to have one but I think it had something to do with the click, clack sound the keys make as you strike them and the fact that Lemony Snicket uses a manual typewriter..... Anyway, today in a trawl round the op shops I spotted one that was just begging to be given a new home so, without further ado, I handed over my cash and became the proud owner of a hulking olivetti dinosaur! I could barely lift the thing but I knew that it would make one little boy very happy.

I was not disappointed..... Isaac was overcome when he saw it and that was enough for me! He spent AGES typing away, learning what all the buttons would make the carriage do and working out how to make an exclamation mark! He wrote four letters to family this evening so my little investment will be bringing joy to many over the coming weeks. Who knows, maybe he will write a masterpiece on it......
I was not disappointed..... Isaac was overcome when he saw it and that was enough for me! He spent AGES typing away, learning what all the buttons would make the carriage do and working out how to make an exclamation mark! He wrote four letters to family this evening so my little investment will be bringing joy to many over the coming weeks. Who knows, maybe he will write a masterpiece on it......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
this is a REALLY LONG post...... just sayin'..... Today is the end of an era..... it's been a long time coming and yet feels...
-
it seems that my blog is being sadly neglected of late..... my intentions are good.... I really would like to write here more regul...
-
when you're having fun..... well it certainly doesn't dawdle..... I can't believe we are well into January and the shops...
No comments:
Post a Comment