Generally the things that fall into the 'no' senario are; washing (of the clothing variety not the personal ablution variety!), ironing, cleaning of any kind, cooking, tidying, doing any kind of exercise (not that I do any at any other time of the year you understand, but I have a reason to say no on mothers day) and anything else I don't really enjoy.
The 'yes' senario would include, but not be limited to, sitting on my bum drinking coffee, eating cake and any chocolates that the children may have bought me (mothers day usually involves some kind of chocolate even if it is because the children like it and know that I will share some with them!!), playing in the craft room, reading my latest book, eating more cake and chocolate, enjoying doing any of the above while Brian beavers away in the kitchen cooking the dinner (it was roast today.... yum!)
This year I was blessed yet again with a collection of beautiful gifts from the children:
These organza bags are full of bath crystals which Isaac made at school in his after school cookery class! I never take a bath usually, but I will have to make a special effort now so that I can come out with a slightly pink (or blue, depending on what variety I choose) tinged skin tone
I also received a handmade card from Isaac and a poem that Evie had written all about love..... I do love being a mum, it's the best job in the world!
No comments:
Post a Comment