After having been in bed on Wednesday night for about three hours, Evie appeared at the kitchen door and asked Brian and I, 'Isn't it morning yet?' I had to inform her that it wasn't even bedtime yet for the two of us and then I escorted her back to bed, whereupon she cried into her pillow, 'I hate sleeping, it's so boring'!
I met her again in the corridor at 1.30am and then finally allowed her into our bed for a birthday snuggle at 5.30am........
Celebrations had to start immediately of course.....
Presents and cake in bed (no eating of cake of course, just the exuberant singing of 'happy birthday to you' with candle blowing out and wishing at this point!!).....
don't you just love her hat? It's a real Aussie Barmah hat that she has had her eye on for quite some time. She was REALLY excited to get it and has worn it non stop since she opened it!
Buzz Lightyear was requested to be the 'man of the moment' for us this year..... (it was going to be Ron Weasly from Harry Potter but Buzz knocked him off top spot.....). Needless to say my 'themed-birthday-cake-decorating-skills' were mightily challenged with this one..... oh, how I long for a plain victoria sponge request!
As in previous years, the child whose birthday it is gets to choose all food for the day..... Evie chose to have fresh coconut milk for breakfast...... go figure!
Morning tea was iced doughnuts with sprinkles...... (see, the hat is still on!)
We did eventually manage to leave the house (with hat still in place) to go to the toy store so that Evie could spend all her birthday money on some Schliech animals to add to her collection - here the big cats are having a face-off.......
We fitted in a party lunch, some jigsaw puzzling, a game of 'Deal or No Deal', played with the big cats a bit more, ate more cake (sadly, Buzz's legs are no more!!) and finished it all off with a family movie night.....
I love making memories with my precious people.......
2 comments:
Tell Evie I have one of those hats and I love mine. More worryingly - I dreamt I was on a roadtrip with you and Brian last night. Not funny as I haven't looked at your blog for a while. Simply to say - I decided to use it as a method to say a prayer for you guys and send you good thoughts
Tell Evie I have one of those hats and I love mine. More worryingly - I dreamt I was on a roadtrip with you and Brian last night. Not funny as I haven't looked at your blog for a while. Simply to say - I decided to use it as a method to say a prayer for you guys and send you good thoughts
Post a Comment