Monday, 6 September 2010

birthday boy......

Yikes, 11 years old..... how did that happen?

It seems one only has to blink or draw breath and the children age another year.....

He's officially called himself a 'tween' (I hate that label!)...

Here he is snuggled up in our bed at about 6am ready to open his pressies....


Lego was the pressie that got first dibs for construction..... you can never have too much Lego he informs me! Something from the Lego series 'Atlantis'.... that's as much as I know!!


A big box of KNex (thanks Dottie & Neil) was next to be 'constructed'..... it contained hundreds of bits like this......


and lots of other small, long, round, pointy, easily lost bits!!

He recruited Evie to be the 'finder of bits' as he called out what he needed during each phase of contruction......


Then, of course, we had to stop for morning tea...... chocolate caramel slice, as it's known here (or millionaires shortbread as I know it), was requested......


along with these funny straws that had little flavoured balls in them so that when you sucked milk up through them they flavoured the milk and, hey presto, you had an instant milk shake...... I am so glad that the kids only get one day per year when they get to choose all meals and treats for the day..... these CANNOT be good for you......


LOTS more construction (actually it took him pretty much the whole day to contruct this double roller coaster track...... but, oh boy, it was fun to watch the two roller coaster cars spin round that track complete with flashing lights!!)


Finally, instead of a 'normal' birthday cake, Isaac chose 'A Plate of Soil in Engine Oil' from the Roald Dahl cookbook Even More Revolting Recipes. I got this photo just before I put the cake in to bake but didn't manage to get one of the 'finished product' because the batteries in both our cameras decided to run out of juice!


We had such a lovely day together - we played games (in between all that construction), went out for afternoon tea to one of our fave cafes and snuggled down to watch a movie together in the evening.... lovely day, lovely memories.....

No comments:

endings and beginnings......