Wednesday, 15 June 2011

ooooooh, I've been very lax.......

time flies by and suddenly I realise that I haven't written anything on here for AGES......

I guess it's because I don't feel there's much worth writing about when really all we are doing is our 'day-to-day' stuff......

but then, that's what life mostly consists of isn't it.......  the 'day-to-day'......
and let me tell you, I'm not going to complain about the 'day-to-day'......
I love my 'day-to-day', my 'ordinary' if you like........
I get to do the best job in the world...... every...... single....... day........
what's not to love......

and so, in our 'ordinary' we have recently had.......

haircuts........



evie and brian also joined in the haircutting frenzy, 
but for those of you who know Brian and his haircut of choice,
you will understand that from one haircut 
to another there is not a lot of visible difference in 'style' 
so please forgive me for not posting a recent picture of him......
you can just imagine him the same way as the last time you saw him 
and you would probably have a pretty accurate picture....

other things of note are........

that we have holidays coming up in just over two weeks' time 
and then it's crazy birthday season in our house.......

evie is going to have her ears pierced for her 10th 
{yes the littlest one is going into double digits}
birthday and she is VERY excited about the prospect
of wearing earings....... 

she has waited a number of years for this BIG event to happen
{I think she first asked us about having her ears 
pierced when she was about 7 years old}
and now that the day itself is within spitting distance she can
hardly contain herself.......

however, in the meantime, life goes on and she has been busy 
learning about the circulatory system in science.......
recently she made a cracker, marshmallow and icing model of how the blood flows through the heart


it was pretty cool...... and eating it was cool too.....
I think science may be her favourite 'subject'....

{let me tell you, if I had been able to scoff marshmallows in science class
at school, it would probably have been my favourite subject too.....}


1 comment:

Cliff said...

I'll have to get you to do my hair next time I see you! It's not the world's most complicated challenge to a talented woman and a pair of scissors!

Enjoy your hols!

Cliff

endings and beginnings......