this past year we have had membership with the
National Trust....
they have some of the most beautiful buildings
around and it has been lovely to visit a few of them
during the past 12 months, some for the first time,
others for a return visit.....
today it was the turn of Montecute House.....
although we have been here before it has been
years since our last visit {it was probably before we had children
that we last visited this property} so it was almost like
visiting it for the first time again.....
I took along a little something to keep me occupied while
I navigated our route.....
and before we knew it were were standing infront
of this beautiful Elizabethan building....
it is surrounded by the most amazing gardens
and at the moment the gardeners are trialing a number
of different lawn mowers {including robotic ones!}....
I have never seen my lot mow a lawn quite so enthusiastically.....
Evie took advantage of a 'resting nook' inside the house
even though she had only climbed 11 stairs.....
and, of course, a little snackerel of something was called
for at the courtyard cafe to keep us nourished.....
well, you do have to make sure that the energy levels are kept up,
especially after all that vigorous lawn mowing
{even though I didn't do any, I did feel that I should
keep the others company in their consumption of yummy treats.....}
No comments:
Post a Comment