So how come, even though I had been warned I would feel beside myself with grief, I didn't realise just how many tears I would shed when my children went to school for the day... and I mean just for the day, not even for a whole week, but just one day! I wept as I walked home, I wept as I changed their beds, I wept as I did the washing, I wept during every job I had set myself up to do for the day! I even went to visit them at lunchtime (with sunglasses on incase I felt the urge to weep whilst I did that too!) just to check they were OK..... Evie of course was tooooooo busy with her many friends to pay me any attention (a quick cursory wave was all she could manage bless her). Isaac did talk to me for a moment or two but really had something much more pressing to do and that was to eat the chicken nuggets he had been given for lunch (having eaten his entire packed lunch, which I had so loving put together for him, during morning recess!)
They both came home happy and chatty, telling me about all the things they had done and asking if they could do it all again tomorrow....! What a blow! Unfortunately (for them) they have to wait until next Monday to do it all again, then it is just one more Monday before the summer hols start and I don't have to think about school again for 7 weeks..... better stock up on the kleenex!

2 comments:
oh babes almost crying with you and yet I am also a bit jealous - they look gorgeous ...
love you deborah they look beautiful.
Post a Comment