Friday, 5 December 2008

Sovereign Hill

We went for an evening of fun and festivities at the local working museum, Sovereign Hill. It is laid out as Ballarat would have been 150 years ago during the days of the gold rush and there are original style shops, houses, forge, bar/saloon and even the camp and diggings where you can pan for gold (yes we did try but didn't come away with any booty!)

The kids dipped candles for the Christmas dinner table and we bought some traditional sweets to munch on as we made the most of the warm evening weather whilst wandering round .... I have to say there are some nice things about having Christmas in the warm! We had to be thrown out at 8.30pm...... I just couldn't get Brian and the kids away from the pans and trying to find their fortune....

 
Posted by Picasa


 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Mandi said...

Sounds like you had a fab time Debbie. What a fab pic of Brian & the children, one for the wall I think!

endings and beginnings......