It's always a sell out and every child gets a 'front line' spot at some point so that their parents, grannies, aunties or other special people can 'ooh' and 'ahh' over how lovely they look!
It is also a time for the grade 6 classes to shine, taking all the
lead roles, before they make the jump to the senior school.
Thursday was 'show day' and ALL the children were VERY excited.
Grade 2 (Evie's class) were to be Mexican girls and boys and we were given a costume list for things they needed. The peasant blouse was an easy make, the necklace came from the op shop and I crocheted the flower in her hair. She even got to wear earings, eyeshadow and lip gloss which was definitely the highlight for her!
Isaac'c class were the pizza boys and girls and he needed only a pair of 'breeches' (another op-shop purchase!) to complete the costume provided by the art department.
I spent a few afternoons helping out in the sewing department making skirts, waistbands and aprons which meant that all the children were suitably attired for their part.
Brian and I went to see the evening performance and I have to say that it was fantastic. The grade 6 classes did a brilliant job with their parts and all the lower grades sang their hearts out, including the preps who did a cute Flintstones number!!
My two came home buzzing with excitement from having been 'on stage' - it will definitely be an experience they will never forget!
No comments:
Post a Comment