Saturday, 26 June 2010

Aaaahhhhhhh.......

School is out.....

Look at this table.....


usually it is laden with books and files and pencils and glue sticks and projects and more books..... you get the picture.....

we have a two week winter break to celebrate and I love to completely clear all the school-y stuff away and use this table for 'other things' (like pattern drawing and fabric cutting, you know, important stuff!)

On our final day before 'clear up' we put some more touches to our Ancient Civilization time line map..... Evie did the colouring in and Isaac cut and placed all the coloured strips for the time lines, I got to do the labelling!



The kids are really enjoying our 'walk' through history at the moment. We're focussing on the ancient civilizations and they love hearing not only the stories and legends but the facts about what life was like and how people lived thousands of years ago. We start next term with the ancient Greeks!

The time line map we have made is really a take off of this poster which I didn't want to spend over $36 on - so I just printed out a blackline map of the world and we did the rest ourselves - I think the kids enjoyed it more this way anyway!

We have no plans for this holiday except for a couple of days at the beach right near the end..... but there will be lots of pyjama wearing, hot chocolate drinking, book reading, happy crafting going on, I can tell you....

No comments:

endings and beginnings......