Monday, 21 June 2010

Oh, what a weekend.....

I had one of those weekends which makes you all happy and yet all sad at the same time.....

I became a GREAT aunt last Thursday evening (well Friday morning for me here).... now that's something that doesn't happen every day isn't it? ..... and something very definitely worth being happy about..... very happy.... bouncy happy infact..... along with my daughter, who was also very bouncy and very happy!

We were so excited and delighted to see the newest addition to our family via the wonders of the internet and skype.......

She's beautiful.... 10 finger and 10 toes..... all there and all scrum-diddly-umptious.

HOWEVER, the fact that I had to see my new great niece through a computer screen instead of being able to hold her in my arms and kiss the top of her head whilst drinking in that unmistakeable baby smell.....

the fact that I am not present to celebrate with the people I love so very much the exceptional gift of new life.....

the fact that my beautiful daughter cannot sit and gaze at this tiny poppet and let her grab her finger just like her cousin, who is now a mamma herself, did to her nearly nine years ago......

these things all made me a bit sad....

And so, I look forward to December 3rd when I can hold them all and enjoy their presence and can laugh with them (without the time delay that you get with being 9,500 miles away)..... that thought, that date, makes me happy......

1 comment:

dot said...

Miss You xx

endings and beginnings......