Friday, 14 August 2009

We're at it again......

Remember this? Well we're doing it all over again!! Out come the packing boxes (I managed to keep hold of most of them when they arrived here which I am really glad about!) and I now get to pack up all our worldly goods ready for our new home......again!

We found out last week that the school need us to vacate the house we have been living in this year in a few weeks' time and because the time frame was so tight they did offer us another school house to live in for up to a year. However we found out that friends from church were looking to rent out a house only five minutes walk from school on a longer term basis. They weren't too sure if we would be interested because it was 'quite small' (in their words). Well how small is quite small in this here land of massive space and big houses? Apparently a three bedroomed cottage with two reception rooms, large kitchen, separate laundry, lovely garden and double garage is! I did explain that we came from the land of terraced housing and courtyard gardens so I very much doubted their house would match up to our 'quite small' expectations! Well, we went to see said house and it was lovely - a really pretty white weatherboard 'cottage' with a white picket fence, tin roof and lavender bordered gardens. What was there not to love?

So we've said 'no thanks' to the massive school house that we would probably have to move out of in 6-12 months, thus causing our youngest one lots of heartache (she doesn't do the moving thing very well!), and said 'yes' to the quaint 'little' cottage without a backward glance! Hopefully the boxes will stay in the big double garage for a long time to come after this move!

No comments:

endings and beginnings......