Thursday, 20 August 2009

Teeth..... hate them (at the moment!)


Not so much of an 'adventure' as an endurance event this one! The wisdom tooth on the top right hand side of my jaw decided that it would make an appearance after many years just happily sitting where it was. It was OK for the first 18 months or so but then decided to bully the molar next in line by trying to push it out of my jaw (the wisdom tooth was growing in at a 45degree angle against the next molar up there). I have put up with the pain for a few months, but knowing that it was not going to get any better and sick and tired of taking pain killers most days, had to admit defeat and make an appointment with the oral surgeon to have it (and the wisdom tooth at the bottom) removed.

Today was that day...... I went through all the hideous options of what could happen and was so near the edge of tears in the chair that I thought I was going to go over the edge into a full blown, runny nose kind of sobbing fest. However, the anaesthetist was very quick at getting me 'out of things' and next thing I knew they were waking me up from a great dream!

Granted I now have a mouth full of gauze, a face which is swelling nicely on one side and a couple of days of pain killers ahead of me but it's good to know that when it all settles down 'bully boy' has gone for ever!

No comments:

endings and beginnings......