Monday, 12 October 2009

Homeschool Resources....


I've started gathering together the resources that I will use next year for the kids at home. It's an exciting process for me, I love looking through what there is on offer and what I think will be a 'good fit' for the kids - it can take hours though as there is so much stuff out there!

I've pretty much finalised what I am going to use but will not get most of it until January when my sister comes to visit and brings it with her but I did receive the above pictured book last week and wanted to just share it with any of you homeschool readers.

I wasn't sure what to expect from it, I kinda bought it blind hoping that it would fill a gap in the geography section of our learning which is an area that I have not really covered in any great detail in the past.

Well, I have to say that I am really impressed with it - aimed at 8-12 year olds (that covers my two) it has some great topics, good explanations and fun activities which will hopefully get them really interested in geography (and boy am I glad we have a huge shed where we can make big papier mache 3-D relief maps when the time comes!)

I bought my copy from the US as I was already ordering some other stuff from there but they do stock it in the Book Depository I noticed for anyone in the UK who might like to add this one to their collection!

No comments:

endings and beginnings......