Saturday, 9 January 2010

I just don't get it......

I am a woman of very little brain and some things just mystify me it has to be said!

Take for example when we travelled to Australia, we completely missed out on Friday 19th September..... it just didn't happen...... one minute it was Thursday 18th and the next it was Saturday 20th.

Now I understand the International Date Line has to run somewhere and it's where one day ends and another begins etc but I just seem not to be able to grasp that I lost a day..... just like that ..... I will never see the 19th September...... ever! It almost feels twilight zone-ish.....

Another thing is telephones and satellites..... how can I talk to my sister, who is thousands of miles away, and the sound is being bounced around all over the place - satellites in space may even have something to do with this or pulses of light running through tiny fibre optic 'wires', I don't even know the technology involved - but usually we have a decent quality phonecall with just a touch of delay? Someone explain that to me.................... on second thoughts, don't even try.....

And one more thing..... while my friends 'up north' (and I don't mean Alice Springs or Darwin.... I'm talking WAY up north) are sledging and freezing their little booties off, we are sweltering in 100 degrees.

Again, I get the whole tilt-of-the-earths-axis and rotation-round-the-sun thing but it just seems..... well, odd.

So what's a girl to do when her friends are sitting infront of open fires to defrost their tootsies and drinking hot chocolate?

I say you go to the local lake to cool down.....




Hope you all had a fun Saturday whatever you were doing......

No comments:

endings and beginnings......