So, I ran errands, got a rather yummy icy drink at a local coffee shop, had a haircut (and boy did that need doing!!) and finally got home in time for the final (but not frantic I am pleased to say) part of the process.
The children love to pick recipes from Roald Dahl's Revolting Recipe book because the dishes have such........ interesting names!!

So I sat down to Boggis's Chicken from 'Fantastic Mr Fox' - yummy, I love dumplings! The fact that it was 25+ degrees outside didn't matter at all and we will have to have this one again..... maybe in the winter next time though!
And for dessert we had Krokan Ice Cream from 'Boy' but instead of stirring the 'krokan' through the tub of ice cream it was served 'sprinkled on top'! After I had finished the ice cream in my bowl I munched my way through was was left of the krokan - it was truly scrumptious!
Another one of our favourites from this book is Bruce Bogtrotters Chocolate Cake (from 'Mathilda' - oh, my mouth is watering just thinking about that one!) Might have to make that soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment