after taking some lovely sunny photos of the
house the other day, I woke up to this......
the view from my bedroom window made
the countryside look like a winter wonderland.....
the sun started to rise above the hills and I saw a patch of blue sky......
'it's going to be OK', I thought......
today was the day for picking Brian up from Heathrow airport
after his mammoth journey 'up north'.....
I cleared the snow from the car,
and the children helped in their own interesting way.........
but just as we started out, it started to blizzard.........
we got half way up the hill and then lost all traction......
fortunately the man behind us had a 4WD and a tow rope......
yay for helpful folk.....
we ended up having to turn around and drive
{which included some sliding} back to the village.....
which is right at the bottom of that valley lying ahead of us.....
needless to say, I was glad to get back with my very
precious cargo {Isaac & Evie} safely intact.....
Evie was very angry at the snow because it meant
that we would not be able to be there when her daddy
came through the doors into the arrivals hall but she
consoled herself by having a snowball fight with her cousin.......
and building an igloo (using a baby bath to make the bricks!!) with Isaac......
I don't think we will be having a swim any time soon.....
well, there's more snow forecast for tonight and
I think sledging might be on the cards for tommorow.....
No comments:
Post a Comment