Sunday, 6 February 2011

back to life, back to reality......

back to the here and now.....

well, back to school at least.....

we've done a week or so of school now and are just beginning 
to get back into the groove of the days...... 
trying to fit things in..... 
making sure there is enough time for 'just reading' 
{although I don't know that I would ever be able to give Isaac enough time for 'just reading'......}

whilst having a bit of a clear out I came across these folders 
with lots of those magazines you would 
"buy fortnightly and build up your collection" - 
and by the end of the collection you would have 
spent a million pounds on the magazines......



I remember starting to collect them for Brian, before we were married, 
to give him as a Christmas gift because he loves classical music.... 
I didn't get very far in my collecting I have to admit
 though, it all got a bit expensive.....

and truth be told they have not been looked at much over the years 
but they have been kept, along with the accompanying CD's, 
and carted around the world waiting to be 'discovered'.....

well guess what? Isaac discovered them and is now happily 
spending time reading about great composers and trying to 
play the sample pieces of music supplied in the magazines on his keyboard....



sometimes I am very grateful that I hoard a little.......

other things that we have been up to include......

bug saving and releasing back to the wild after a good ol' look at it....




experiments involving baking soda and vinegar which 
of course meant the need for protective eye gear.......




the making of a human cell using jelly and various sweets...... 
{forgot to use extra gelatin which meant we had a bit of a cell 'collapse' 
on turning it out of the basin.... still, it looked good and tasted quite nice too.....}




then the consuming of said human cell......




yes, we're getting back into the groove......

No comments:

endings and beginnings......