Thursday, 1 January 2015

oh my......

three posts in a whole year......
that was all I managed last year....... three posts......
I kinda lost my mojo for blogging......

I still took some photos and used bokeh to record 
any interesting/fun/memorable/noteworthy moments
but I just didn't record them here......

it's been a bit of a weird few months actually 
since arriving in the land down under.....
kids starting school, 
Brian starting a new {and much more demanding} job,
me being at home at a loose end a lot of the time......
it's not felt quite right.....

but a new year has arrived and with it a new sense of
wanting to get back into blogging our comings and goings
so that I can scan back through them when I fancy a little
smile and enjoy the reminiscing thing......

so, a couple of things on this first day of the new year.....

one.....the sunset looks good when viewed from the ground
then jumping up just when it dips past the horizon so you
can watch it again...... or so I'm told.....



the sunset looked pretty good from my standing position too......



and two.....
I've been reading through a few blogs/facebook pages/online thing-a-me-places
about simplifying/living on less/reducing our impact/buying nothing new 
and it's one of those things that kinda resonates with me.....

I already think I'm pretty good at not buying stuff for the sake of it and I
do tend to think carefully about the stuff I do purchase 
but I thought I would take the opportunity that this shiny brand 
new year brings to be even more mindful about 
where I get stuff from or even if I actually need the new stuff at all......

one of the blogs I have particularly enjoyed browsing through is this one.....
I like the way she writes..... and have actually laughed out loud a couple
of times at the things she has done/not done/put up with.......
I am already in love with freecycle and gumtree 
so I plan on delving into them even more in the months to come.....

right, I'm off now but hopefully it won't be so long
before I am back again.....



1 comment:

B-W said...

Yay! So glad I dropped by, looking forward to lots of lovely blog posts :-)

Stunning sunset pics!

endings and beginnings......