OK so the weather forecast said it would be 30 degrees in Melbourne (so probably a couple of degrees cooler here) but they didn't factor in wind chill did they? It doesn't feel like 30 degrees but I have learned (in our 5 weeks of habitation here!!) that it can be cold in the morning and be HOT later on and vice versa. They weren't wrong when they said you can experience all four seasons in one day in this part of Australia!
Anyway we will brave whatever comes our way with fleece jackets, sunblock and sun hats! There is the farmers market down at the Lake (I call it the Lake very loosely because although that is it's official name, Lake Wendouree, there is very little water in it because of the drought they have had here over the last few years! However, they have got an action plan and it is beginning to fill again and looks beautiful.... even if there is only a few inches of water in it!) where we shall saunter and sample lots of local delicacies! It's like being in the south of France on summer holidays (don't you love those?) and going to the markets there, there is lots of good food and all of it is locally produced.... yipee!
I have to say that one of the things I really enjoy about shopping here is the amount of produce I can buy that is grown and made in Australia. I'm not so naive as to realise that some stuff still has to travel a fair old distance (Queensland for example is QUITE SOME DISTANCE from Victoria) but it is fab to be able to buy pineapples, bananas, tea, sugar, oranges, nuts and a myriad of other things that have been grown right here!
OK, enough for now.... we're off to said farmers market.... not to buy a fat pig though..... just to sample some yummy cheese and olive oil probably! Ho hum.
No comments:
Post a Comment