Monday, 6 October 2008

Unpacking

The container of stuff arrived today and what fun the children had opening their boxes to reveal lots of longed for toys and books! One good thing about having lived here for a couple of weeks without my stuff is that I had time to think about where I would put things when they arrived so unpacking is going well (for now!!) I tried to use the washing machine and ended up with bubbles coming out of every hole in the machine (even out the dispenser drawer!!) but I think I worked out what I did wrong and have finally managed to get some washing done. The only thing I am going to struggle with in the unpacking will be our books..... there are boxes and boxes of them and only one set of bookshelves......uuummmmhhhh.

I've also realised that I don't have enough furniture to fill a BIG house and no doubt things will feel a bit sparse (until I can get to a few garage sales and pick up a few bits of second hand furniture that is!) but it certainly feels good to slouch into my sofa with a good cup of coffee in hand and just look at all the boxes left to unpack...... another day perhaps!

No comments:

endings and beginnings......