Thursday, 11 March 2010

One day I'll fly away......

and that day would be December 2nd actually!

The peeps and I have our tickets booked to fly out of Melbourne on December 2nd at 1pm, stop down in Sydney to pick up some other travelling folks and then head off on a 15 hour-ish flight to LA arriving at 9.52am on December 2nd......

Huh? How does that work then? Well it's all to do with crossing the International Date Line again. A few weeks ago I was ruminating about the whole 'loose-one-day-of-my-life' dilemma that I had when we travelled Stateside to Australia.

Well, this time I'm going to get a day all over again!!! I'll leave after lunch one day and after hours and hours of travelling..... it'll be the start of the day AGAIN!

BONKERS!

Anyway, all that aside, I am already looking forward to lots of coffees with family and friends, chats, catching up, laughing, sharing life, having a cold Christmas ...... ooooohhhh I can hardly contain my excitement......

But I must because it is still just under nine months until we go (not that I am counting you understand!) Brian will be joining us a couple of weeks later as he doesn't finish up at school until 16th December and I just couldn't wait that long to start my visit (that and the fact that fares go WAY UP early on in December and we thought we could just pay one high season airfare instead of four!)

We will start our journey back to Australia on January 10th stopping in Phoenix, AZ for 10 days to spend time with the other half of my family and then we will.......

...... cross that dreaded date line and completely loose another day of my life!!

No comments:

endings and beginnings......