Saturday, 5 December 2009

Traditions......

I mentioned in my last post about my kids being kids of tradition, especially around Christmas time.....

They love to do the same things each year, it makes them all excited and builds the anticipation for Christmas day itself - so this morning I was asked, 'Mum, where is the nativity scene?'.

You see I hadn't taken this one Christmas tradition out of the Christmas boxes when I opened them up on November 30th.... I thought maybe the kids may not want to play with it this year..... maybe they were a bit too old now....... how wrong I was.

This nativity scene was bought for Isaac when he was 2 (that was Evie's first Christmas with us) and has become as familiar in our home at Christmas as carols on the CD player and leaving food out for Santa and the reindeer on Christmas eve!

Isaac carefully built the stable (I have to admit that it is falling apart a bit now!)



and without further ado a fully dramatised account of the Christmas story began.....



before it was all placed, very carefully and neatly to one side, where it may sit for a few days or even a week but will, without a doubt, be pulled into the centre of the room and played with again....

No comments:

endings and beginnings......